This 2 day course is the internationally recognised introduction to Transactional Analysis.
Transactional Analysis (TA) is a model for understanding human behaviour, communication and relationships. It was originally developed in the 1950s by the late Eric Berne, MD. This introductory course will examine the theory of TA, including the structure of personality; transactions, or the way we relate to others; time structuring; the psychological “games” we play; and life scripts. Members of the course will have the opportunity to apply the theory to their own behaviour and the behaviour of others in the group.
Who should attend? This “TA 101” course will be particularly useful to you if you work in the helping professions, or in management, communications or teaching. It will also be helpful to you if you are interested in understanding more fully your relationships with others.
Recognition This course – the “official TA 101” – is recognised by the International Transactional Analysis Association (ITAA) and the European Association for Transactional Analysis (EATA) as their standard approved introduction to TA. Completion of the course affords you the “TA 101” certificate, a necessary requirement if you should later wish to enter accredited training as a TA practitioner.
About the presenter:
Adrienne Lee BA is Director of The Berne Institute. She is accredited by the European and International TA Associations as a Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst. She is also a Master Practitioner in NLP. Adrienne is a Founder Member and past Chair of the UK Association for Transactional Analysis (UKATA). She is past President of the European Association of TA (EATA) and has served on EATA’s Commission of Certification and the Professional Training and Standards Committee.
Topics taught on the TA101 course:
• Our contract – what do you want from this course?
• What is TA?
• Attachment Model – the secret of life!
• Underlying values of TA – what is important?
• The life and publications of Eric Berne.
• The development of TA.
• Ego States – who am I?
• Contaminations and Exclusions – how reality gets distorted.
• Symbiosis – how do we relate with others through dependency?
• Transactions – how do we communicate with each other?
• Hungers and strokes – what you concentrate on is what you get!
• Time structuring.
• Psychological sweatshirts.
• Our Frame of Reference – filtering reality.
• Discounting – avoiding solving problems.
• Psychological trading stamps –expressing our feelings.
• Rackets – how do our feelings get distorted?
• The Racket/Script System
• Life Positions –How OK am I in relation to you?
• Games people play – how do we repeat the same destructive patterns in relationships?
• Life Scripts – how can we make life predictable?
• Miniscripts – how we adapt to ensure our acceptance.
• Physis – How we grow and change.
• Autonomy and Homonomy – the goals of TA.
• Closure and goodbye.
Dates and times The “TA 101” course lasts for two days. Dates of coming courses are shown above. The course will run from 9.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. each day. There are the normal breaks for lunch and refreshments.
NOTE THAT UNDER THE CURRENT COVID-19 CRISIS, TA101 COURSES WILL RUN OVER 3 DAYS INSTEAD OF TWO DAYS, EACH DAY TO RUN BETWEEN 10:00am TO 4:00pm AND BE RUN ONLINE USING VIDEO CONFERENCING VIA ZOOM. WE HAVE BEEN RUNNING OUR NORMAL TRAINING THIS WAY SINCE THE START OF THE UK LOCKDOWN AND COURSES ARE VERY WELL RECEIVED.
Venue The course will be held in The Berne Institute, Berne House, 29 Derby Road, Kegworth DE74 2EN. Berne House is located some ten miles south of Nottingham, and less than half a mile from Junction 24 on the M1. We shall send you full joining instructions, with lists of local accommodation if you wish, when we confirm your booking.
Fees: The fees for all our courses are set out on our Fees page. Go to Fees page
To book a place, use our contact page to send us a message or phone or write. Go to Contact page
We look forward to seeing you at the “TA 101”!
What people across Europe say about the TA 101 course…
To download a flyer. Download Flyer